Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
1. In sixth grade, I won a "Pinky Tuscadero" look-a-like contest. (Talk about showing my age. Yep, you guessed it...Fonzie's girlfriend from"Happy Days". And no I didn't have her hair style. I had a white motorcycle helmet on.)
2. I buy at least one fountain drink every day. It just taste so much better than soda out of a can. I keep telling hubby we need one installed in the house.
3. My husband and I are both right handed and all three of my kids are left handed.
4. I can't leave the house in the morning without checking my favorite blogs. Sometimes it's the first thing I do.
5. Presentation is a huge deal to me. From gift giving, to parties, to even how a meal is presented. The prettier something looks, the more enjoyable it is.
6. I'm a horrible cook and I hate the clean up afterwards so probably fives times a week I eat out for lunch. For dinners, we do a lot of take out which I'm trying to change. It also has to do with all of the kids activities at night. It's much easier to grab something on the way home.
7. A few years back, Jessica Simpson sat two rows behind me on a flight to Vegas. It was when all the rumors were going on that her marriage was in trouble. So I checked out her ring finger and no wedding ring. We then proceeded to get off the plane with her, rode the train with her right next to us, walked to the baggage area together and then our limos were in the same area. Hey... I could actually say she was following us. (And I never saw one paparazzi.)
So now I'm tagging:
Boo and Hooties Mom
Mom on the Run
Just a Girl
Doodle Bugs Paper
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Wait, figuring out schedule for this fall. Three Kids: fall baseball, fall softball, two travel hockey teams, away tournaments, horseback riding and one or two horse shows. Add in school, homework, and doctor appointments which leads to breakdown for mom. Thank goodness for hubby who pitches in a whole lot. Actually he does more than me, so change that... breakdown for dad.
I wouldn't have it any other way. Have a great weekend everyone.
This week before Gustav arrived, we were having 90 degree weather, so I started watering their front lawn by hand a little some mornings when I knew they had left for work. My husband laughed at me one morning because I was out there watering and he said every time a car drove by I would turn around, like I was hiding. Well I was!!!!...I didn't really want to be noticed. I was very tempted to hook up a sprinkler to our hose and put it in their front lawn, but I'm not that bold. Now they have some big bare spots with nothing but dirt, so the "Grass Seed Fairy" just might have to come by their front lawn and do a little sprinkling.
Conversation between hubby and I:
Hubby - (laughing) "What are you doing and why are you turning around every time a car goes by? Do you think you are hiding?"
Me- "What does it look like I'm doing? And actually yes I'm hiding. And from the back I could pass as our neighbor and nobody will know it's me."
Hubby - (In his sarcastic tone which he is so good at.) "The hose going across our front yard is kind of a giveaway. Or if people actually think it is her, they'll think she's really cheap for using our hose and water on her lawn.
Me - "Fine, your right. I'll stop but the grass is screaming for water."